Monday, November 24, 2014

11 days into the bicycle commuting lifestyle and loving it.

I had an experience I'd like to share that stood out to me as a secret that one who rides their bicycle through Little Rock, Arkansas - like any town anywhere would discover.

The joys of an impromptu ride on a gorgeous fall day through the historic district of town.



  http://www.ibosocial.com/chadwarren76

New bicycle commuter feels confident.

By Chad the Joker. from Little Rock, AR on 12/1/2014

 

5out of 5

Pros: Handles Well, Fast, Responsive, Lightweight, Good Geometry, Comfortable

Best Uses: Commuting, Exercising, Casual Riding

Describe Yourself: Commuter

Was this a gift?: No

I have been riding to work 5 days a week up 154ft. and down 161ft. over 2.6 miles one way on sidewalks and asphalt in all weather conditions for the past 3 weeks.

It seems to shift down better from 3 - 2 - 1 if I stop and then start pedaling with the rear in 2 - 5.

I've gone up medium grade wet grass hills with only minor traction slipping.

I'm very happy with this bike to take me wherever.

Taking the tires off and putting them back on seems to mis-adjust the brake caliper tension that keeps the pad off the rim.

It usually shifts very quietly.

Riding clean, eating dirty.

thumbnail

Tags: Using Product, Restaurant, Neighborhood

Using bike with bus transit to leave city limits.

thumbnail

Tags: Country, Bus

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment